DIRECT FROM CARNEGIE WITH JULIAN GARGIULO
This year we celebrate Steinway & Sons’ 165th Anniversary and we will be organizing a series of events to showcase a few very Special limited edition Steinway pianos. On the 25th August, Steinway Artist Julian Gargiulo will be performing 8 pieces from Chopin to Beethoven and his very own composed piece ”Tango of the Whistling Ducks”. In conjunction with the performance, Steinway Artist Julian Gargiulo will be unveiling a VERY Special Collector’s Edition Crown Jewel.
ETUDE OPUS 10 No 12 ”Revolutionary” – Frederic Chopin
Por Una Cabeza – C. Gardel (arr. Julian Gargiulo)
Finding Nikita – Julian Gargiulo
Gymnopedic No. 1 – E Satie
Minute Waitz (with SPIRIO) – Frederic Chopin
Waltz in C-Sharp Minor – Frederic Chopin
Tango of the Whistling Ducks – Julian Gargiulo
Sonata Opus 27 No. 2 ”Moonlight” – L.V Beethoven
ABOUT JULIAN GARGIULO
Julian Lawrence Gargiulo is a pianist, composer, and recording artist. He has performed in the United States, Canada, England, Italy, France, Germany, Greece, Russia, Singapore, Philippines, Thailand, China, and Australia, to both public and critical acclaim.
This year Julian was named a Steinway Artist.
Mr. Gargiulo performs regularly throughout the world in halls such as Carnegie Hall (US), United Nations’ Dag Hammarskjöld Auditorium (US), Moscow Conservatory Hall (Russia), Verona Philharmonic Hall (Italy), The Esplanade (Singapore) and the Seymour Theatre Centre (Australia). Collaborations include performances with soprano Olga Makarina (Metropolitan Opera), violinists Elizabeth Zeltser (NY Philharmonic), Dmitri Berlinsky (Paganini Gold medalist), Lucio Degani (Solisti Veneti), choreographer Neta Pulvermacher, composer/conductor Octavio Vazquez and trumpet virtuoso Joe Burgstaller (Canadian Brass). TV and Radio appearances include stations such as RAI Uno TV (Italy), RAI Tre TV (Italy), RAI International TV (Italy), CTV (Canada), RTN TV (Russia), RAI Uno Radio (Italy), Radio One – CBS (USVI), Paradise Radio (USVI) and SBS Radio (Australia).
Born and educated in Italy, with dual U.S. and Italian citizenship, Mr. Gargiulo studied at the Verona State Conservatory (Randone), the Mugi Academy in Rome (Ciccolini) and the Moscow State Conservatory (Mezhlumov). In the United States he received his Bachelor’s Degree at Rowan University (Zuponcic), Master’s Degree at the Peabody Conservatory of the Johns Hopkins University (Slutsky), and his Doctor of Musical Arts Degree at the University of Maryland (Rodriguez).
- In 2005 Julian started the Water Island Music Festival in the Virgin Islands, currently in its 10th season, which brings together classical and jazz musicians for three days of music.
- Founder of 16000children, a Non-profit dedicated to raising awareness for the children who die of hunger in the world every day, Julian also devotes his time and talent performing and raising funds for numerous other charities worldwide.
- In 2009 Julian was also named Artistic Director of ‘Crossing Borders’, a Hunter College (NY) program which presents established foreign artists currently living in NY.
- In 2010 Julian began writing a classical music column called Mostly Classical for the main newspaper in the Cayman Islands, The Cayman Compass.
- In 2015 Julian presented the first edition of ‘Getting to Carnegie’, an International Music Competition which featured musicians from all around the world for a chance to share the stage at Carnegie Hall.
- Upcoming highlights include return tours of Europe, Asia and the United States, and a performance at Zankel Hall at Carnegie Hall in New York on Jan 17, 2016.
- Julian currently splits his time between New York and Paris.
[Bio from juliangargiulo.com/]
Required fields are indicated by an asterisk.